One-Pot Caramelized Onion Chicken Wild Rice
One-Pot Caramelized Onion Chicken Wild RiceWhole and Heavenly Oven
Warm, caramelized onion chicken with wild rice
5 from 1 vote
- 3 tbsp butter divided
- 1 onion medium
- 3 medium chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute, stirring occasionally until onions are a deep brown and caramelized. (this will take about 15 minutes) Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Melt remaining tablespoon butter and olive oil in pan over medium-high heat. Sear chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add both rices to skillet and saute at medium high about 2 minutes until golden. Add chicken broth and half and half to pan and add onions. Bring to a boil then nestle chicken breasts into pan and reduce heat to medium low and cover pan.
- Let rice simmer 20-25 minutes over medium-low until most of liquid is evaporated, rice is fluffy, and chicken registers 165F. Sprinkle rice with parsley and Parmesan. Serve hot and enjoy!
bbq onions best irrigation system for onions blanching onions for freezing cooking with onions Dixondale Farms farm update gardening with kids growing onions growing onions tips and tricks growing organically harvesting onions how do I get my kids into gardening? how do i get my onions to grow bigger? how to grow onions from onions how to plant onion sets neem oil onion bacon stuffing onion diseases onion growing tips onion harvesting tips onion insect control onion insects onion insect solutions onion maggots onion pest and disease management onion planting Onion Plant Size onion recipes onion rings onions onions cutworms onion slugs onion snails onion thrips onion varmints onion watering requirements organic onions planting onion transplants storing onion plants before planting storing onions stuffing teaching kids to garden thanksgiving transplanting onion plants what is the best way to cook onions?